Great news! The application deadline has been extended until August 12, 2023.
We are happy to announce the third edition of Kranj Foto Fest Portfolio Reviews, where photographers from all over the world are invited to present their works to Slovenian and international experts.
The Kranj Foto Fest Portfolio Reviews will take place on August 25, 2023, in Kranj, Slovenia, during the festival’s opening week. Curators, photographers, publishers, gallerists, and festival organizers will discuss your work and provide you with valuable insights during individual meetings.
Portfolio reviews are considered a great opportunity for photographers to gain insights into their own work and receive guidance from professionals in the industry during one-on-one private meetings.
- The Kranj Foto Fest Portfolio Reviews are open to Slovenian and foreign photographers, older than 21 years old;
- Applications should consist of one series from 6 to 10 photos in jpg, a short series description and your short bio including your personal info (email, phone number, country of residency and date of birth) in English or Slovene. Save all images and texts in only ONE ZIP file under the title Name_Surname. Send the ZIP file to the email email@example.com
- From all the submissions, the Kranj Foto Fest’s team will select 18 photographers who will take part in the Portfolio Reviews;
- By being selected to participate in the reviews, the photographers should be able to travel to Kranj at their own expense to participate in the sessions. It will not be possible to participate online;
- It is expected that each applicant will meet up to five reviewers.
- In the case of selection to take part at the Portfolio Reviews, the price for participation is 50,00€;
- The price for students and residents from Municipality of Kranj is 40,00€.
- The deadline for applications has been extended until August 12, 2023;
- Applicants will be notified about the results by email until August 14, 2023;
- Payment should be done from August 14 to 17, 2023;
- The exact time and schedule will be known by August 20, 2023;
- The Portfolio Reviews will take place in Kranj, Slovenia, on August 25, 2023, in the morning.
Carefully select the series you plan to present. It is important to effectively introduce your work to the expert you will be meeting and provide them with the necessary insights to understand your series.
Most reviewers prefer to check printed portfolios. If you decide to bring them in digital form, though, remember to bring your own computer or tablet as we do not provide them. Please be aware that internet access at the review location may be unreliable, so we do not recommend relying on online documents.
Punctuality and adherence to the scheduled timing are crucial for portfolio reviews. Even a few minutes’ difference can have an impact on all the meetings. Each meeting has a specific start and end time that cannot be exceeded, even if you arrive late.
Don’t forget to bring something to take notes. While we may assume that we always remember the feedback we receive, it is not always the case.